We’ve had to break the news to so many clients about summer holiday cancellations throughout the pandemic, and it breaks our hearts every time. Meanwhile, other regular holiday-bookers have been too nervous to book anything at all. But, with some restrictions now lifting, we’re hoping a few Winter Sun destinations will ease the frustrations as we all feel a little bit more confident about travelling.
At the time of writing, air corridors allowed restriction free travelling to the following destinations to name just a few. Is it finally time to get back out there?
Funchal, the capital of Madeira, is a historic town best known for its gorgeous gardens and pretty cobbled streets. Outdoor pools, tropical plant life and splendid mountain scenes rule this city, while the evenings open out into a stretch of palate-pleasing eateries and chic cocktail bars.
Current breaks include this month-long escape from Prestige Holidays!
- QUINTA DA PENHA DE FRANCA HOTEL 4*, FUNCHAL
- 28 Nights, B&B flying from Gatwick, from £1299pp
- Based on 2 Sharing ~ Travel 3rd January 2021 and includes transfers and luggage
Antigua has plenty of sun-soaked beaches to offer those who couldn’t travel to European beaches this summer. Couples looking for luxury couldn’t do better than a break at the island’s Sandals resort, such as this one:
- Sandals Grande Antigua 5*
- 7 nights all-inclusive flying from Gatwick, from £2155pp
- (Price based on 2 adults sharing, flying on 17th Jan 2021 and includes luggage and transfers)
BONUS! Save up to £300 per booking when travelling 7-9 nights on select dates – get in touch for more info! Offer ends 9th November.
The vast majority of Cuba’s tourists gravitate to the attractive arcs of white sand, but explore beyond the beaches and you’re in a different domain. This is a country where you can wave goodbye to everyday assumptions and expect the unexpected, and a good place to start would be with this experience trip;
- LIVE CUBA
- 10 nights Cuba 4* – 3 nights in Havana B&B & 7 nights Jibacoa
- All Inclusive flying from London Heathrow, from £1700pp
- (Based on 2 Sharing, travelling 16th March 2021)
- Includes Direct Flights, transfers, in resort rep service & tourist cards
Mauritius is rightly famed for its sapphire waters, powder-white beaches and luxury resorts. But there’s so much more on offer than the beach, and some tours offer a wide range of excursions and activities for the more adventurous – such as self-drive experiences, boat trips and food or drink tours. This is just one example;
- BEACHCOMBER TOURS ~ MAURICIA BEACHCOMBER RESORT & SPA 4*
- 7 Nights, All Inclusive flying Indirect from Stansted, from £1900pp
- (Based on 2 Sharing, flying 1st November 2021 and includes Luggage and Private Transfers)
Our Chelmsford manager Stacey says, “If you’ve been unable to get away this summer we would definitely suggest a trip later this year or early 2021. It might not be the exact experience you’re used to – it might be better! We’ll always talk to our clients about what to expect and any necessary additional requirements needed to get there.”
If a winter sun holiday appeals, we advise you start to plan now. You’ll find better prices and will be more likely to be offered perks such as free upgrades. Make sure you book a package trip through Co-op Travel as it will be ABTA covered, so it can be cancelled, refunded or moved if required, without you losing out.
With rules and air corridors changing on almost a daily basis, we’d also highly recommend you take the latest government advice before booking anywhere. Talk to our team, or check out the official Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) information on gov.uk.