Fuerteventura is a paradise island, with 150km of white sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
Take time to discover vast natural landscapes and experience the open character of the locals. The weather here is mild in October. Daytime temperatures usually reach 25°C in Puerto del Rosario, with low heat and humidity, falling to 18°C at night.
Walking along the coast of Fuerteventura, you’ll discover crystal clear waters, perfect beaches, dune fields and landscapes of soft mountains, running between white, black and golden sand.
The Island offers a wide range of holidaying possibilities; from relaxation and family leisure to windsurfing and kite surfing.
The top 5 things to do in Fuerteventura:
- Corralego National Park – Flag Beach is one of the most popular spots on the island and it’s great for surfers and kite surfing.
- Go on an off-road buggy tour; another way to explore the sand dunes is on a buggy tour. You can discover the volcanic areas around Corralego for a true off-road experience.
- Visit Lobos Island – Take the ferry to Lobos Island, where you can enjoy a day in paradise on an island that is still uninhabited.
- Oasis Park – Oasis Park is the only animal park in Fuerteventura, but it’s probably one of the most amazing in the canaries.
- Explore the caves in Ajuy – Eat fresh fish, explore the amazing caves and finish off the day by watching the amazing sunsets.
Our pick for families this October half term:
Alua Suites Fuerteventura (4-star)
Corralejo, Canary Islands
Board: All Inclusive
Situated in a peaceful location on the edge of the vibrant resort of Corralejo, Alua Suites Fuerteventura is a smart all-suite hotel, promises an extra special stay for both families and couples.
This All-inclusive resort is a welcoming retreat, with a fantastic range of outdoor pools and the beach on your doorstep. Inside, dining is the main event thanks to a range of restaurants plating up everything from classic Canarian to international specialities. For those who prefer a faster pace of life, there are some great sports facilities and clubs for the kids. Fancy making your stay extra special? Upgrade to My Favourite Club suites and area and receive exclusive access to additional adult-only facilities.
- 50m from the closest beach. 750m from El Campanario shopping centre. 1.3km from Corralejo resort centre.
- 6 bars including an adults-only bar, disco bar, lobby bar and 4 pool bars (one for Premium guests only). 4 restaurants including 3 buffet restaurants and 1 à la carte restaurant (for Premium guests only).
- Basketball, tennis* and volleyball. Gym. Spa with sauna and beauty treatments*. Daily daytime entertainment. Children’s playground. 2 children’s clubs (4-16yrs).
- 7 outdoor pools including an adults-only pool, 2 children’s pools and a pool for Premium guests only.
*Local charges apply. We endeavour to show you images of the actual room described however, this may not always be possible; actual view and/or room size or layout may vary e.g. you may not see an image of a sea view or garden view in the image but you will have the option of booking your preferred view when selecting your preferences.
Going Out: London Stansted to Fuerteventura.
Depart: Saturday 21 Oct 2023 at 06:00 Arrive: Saturday 21 Oct 2023 at 10:20 Flight Duration: 4 hrs 20 mins
Coming Back: Fuerteventura to London Stansted.
Depart: Saturday 28 Oct 2023 at 11:10 Arrive: Saturday 28 Oct 2023 at 15:20 Flight Duration: 4 hrs 10 mins
2 Adults, 2 Children, 1 Room
21 Oct 2023 – 28 Oct 2023
Price Per Person: £1385
Total Price: £5540
Price correct on 4th October 2023. Based on a family of 4 sharing one room. Jet2Holidays. Subject to availability.