Christmas is on the way, a time for family, food and great memories… or, if you’re like most people, a time for fretting in the kitchen, stressing about the in-laws, and wishing desperately that you can be somewhere else having it all done for you.
It could be time to talk to us about some of our Christmas and Winter experience breaks, and because we deal with sooo many different tour operators, we can arrange pretty much anything. Here are a few of our very favourite, and if they appeal more than your current Chrimbo plans, get in touch for full details.
1. Husky Sled Adventure
A magical evening safari on a sledge pulled by a team of dogs, deep in Finnish Lapland. Travel through a slow-clad forest, stop for a warm lunch in the wilderness, and if you’re lucky bask under the Northern Lights. You couldn’t be further away from Auntie Nora complaining the brussell sprouts are too chewy.
- 3-4 night options, through Transun Holidays
- Full-board hotel accommodation, return flights and transfers, and a loan of thermal suits and boots all included
- Available Jan – March 2020
- From £899pp
2. Visit Santa in Lapland – Day Trip
How about nipping out for the day to meet the big man himself on his home turf? Taking an exclusive charted flight to Pajala, in Swedish Lapland, you and your family will have a private meeting with Father Christmas, who will – of course – have gifts for the children. Add to that snowmobile rides, reindeer sleigh rides and some husky sledding (plus complimentary thermal clothing and hot meals!) and you will have an experience that will never, ever be forgotten.
- Day trip, through Newmarket Holidays (so no accommodation needed)
- Meeting and gifts with Father Christmas, meals and thermal clothing included
- As are snowmobile, reindeer and husky sled rides
- Available December 2019 – December 2020
- From £569pp
3. Traditional Christmas markets on the Rhine
Take a cabin on the MS Serenade (with some of the largest standard cabins you’ll find on European rivers) for 4 nights cruising up the Rhine, with ample opportunities to get all your Christmas shopping done – plus onboard entertainment, Wifi, a walking tour of Mainz, and invitation to the Captain’s gala dinner.
- 4 nights, booked through Titan Holidays
- Includes 11 meals (4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners) and all port taxes and duties
- December 2019
- From £749pp
4. Winter Wonderland in the Rocky Mountains
For those truly wanting to escape from it all, there’s not many places more remote than the Rocky Mountains in Canada. This 9 night excursion will take you to several destinations on its way to the beautiful Lake Louise at the foot of the Rockies. Tour the National Parks, take fireside drinks, relax in hot springs and take a sleigh ride, all included… Never has there been a better reason to avoid the in-laws at Christmas.
- 9 nights across 4 locations in Canada (Calgary, Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise), with Travelsphere
- Includes breakfasts, all transfers and transportation
- Also tours of Banff and Jasper National Parks, Banff gondala ride, horse-drawn sleigh ride, firepit drinks and time in Banff’s hot springs
- Optional excursion to Calgary and its Winter Olympic sites, snow shoeing on Lake Louise and Maligne Canyon ice walk
- Available December 2019 – February 2020
- From £1,749pp
5. Bavarian Castles Winter Wonderland & the Swiss Glacier Express
For a real treat, how about a door-to-door service, taking you all the way to Belgium, and on to see some of their most stunning Bavarian castles – via a trip on the Swiss Glacier Express? Over 6 nights, you’ll have plenty of time to explore local villages, make some Christmas purchases, or just take time to relax far away from the havoc of the New Year sales…
- 6 nights, through Leger
- Visiting areas of Belgium, Austria, Hohenschwangau & Fussen, Lech & St. Anton
- Door-to-door service
- Trip on the Swiss Glacier Express is included, as is a horse and carriage ride
- Available Jan – March 2019, Jan – March 2020
- From £729pp
As an independent agent, we have access to more types of holiday, experience, excursion, or guided break than most others. Get in touch now if you want some help planning your Christmas adventure.