The Algarve is Portugal’s southernmost region. Known for its Atlantic beaches, fishing villages and golf resorts. The Algarve makes for a perfect holiday destination, it is hassle-free, and the region is very safe, and the hotels are of a high standard. English is widely spoken, and the locals are very welcoming.
It’s amazing coastline and beautiful beaches are the star attractions and bring holidaymakers to surfing spots, towering cliffs, hidden bays, and bird-filled lagoons.
The Algarve is wonderfully varied, there are pristine beaches for families, waterparks for thrill-seekers, buzzing nightlife for partygoers and historical towns for culture vultures.
Along with vibrant towns, there is over 200km of stunning coastline, a mountainous interior and tranquil nature reserves to discover.
Top places to visit:
- Albufeira is a coastal city in the southern Algarve region of Portugal. It’s a former fishing village that has become a major holiday destination, with sandy beaches and a busy nightlife strip. Local fishermen now use the modern marina, also a base for diving, dolphin-watching, and boat trips.
- Benagil, is a small fishing village on the southern coast of the Algarve which has gained fame in recent years thanks to its incredible sea cave, however there is much more than just a cave to explore in this picturesque Algarve destination. There are kayaking trips and beautiful beaches available.
- Lagos – Lagos is a town in southern Portugal’s Algarve region. It’s known for its walled old town, cliffs and Atlantic beaches. Steep wooden steps lead to the sandy cove of Praia do Camilo. The nearby cliffs of Ponta de Piedade offer sweeping headland views and a lighthouse. Igreja de Santo António, an ornate 18th-century church, sits across from the Castelo dos Governadores, a castle with a baroque facade and watchtowers.
- Silves Castleis the largest castle in the region and one of its main attractions. It was built during the Muslim occupation its style recalls the magnificent Alcazar in Seville. Walk to the top of the ramparts and admire the view over the entire Arade valley and the Serra de Monchique. The castle is open to visitors all year round, visits are chargeable.
Our hotel pick: Hotel Mirachoro Carvoeiro
Board: Bed & Breakfast
Located in the desirable, picture-perfect resort of Carvoeiro, the Hotel Mirachoro Carvoeiro offers all you will need for a comfortable stay. The vibrant colours throughout the hotel can get you in tune with the Portuguese laid-back lifestyle, and for more of the Portuguese experience, there are restaurants galore just a stone’s throw away. If you are keen to explore, there are many walking routes to take along the cliffs where you can take in the stunning views of the Algarve coast. Make sure you pack a camera for this holiday!
- 200m from the nearest shops, bars and restaurants. 550m from Carvoeiro resort centre. 650m from the beach. 2.5km from the nearest golf course.
- Buffet restaurant. Cocktail bar showing live sports. Pool bar (open Apr-Oct, 10.30am-6.30pm).
- Indoor pool*. Sauna*. Whirlpool* Aerobics course*. Billiards. Seasonal entertainment programme. Horse riding, tennis & golf located nearby (all at an additional charge). Free Wi-Fi available throughout.
- Outdoor swimming pool, with separate children’s paddling area. Furnished sun terrace and snack bar.
*Local charges apply. We endeavour to show you images of the actual room described however, this may not always be possible; actual view and/or room size or layout may vary e.g. you may not see an image of a sea view or garden view in the image but you will have the option of booking your preferred view when selecting your preferences.
Flying From: London Stansted
7 Nights: Sat 19 Aug 2023
Passengers: 2 Adults, 1 Room
Baggage: 22Kg Allowance
Going Out: London Stansted to Faro
Depart: Saturday 19 Aug 2023 at 19:25 Arrive: Saturday 19 Aug 2023 at 22:15 Flight Duration: 2 hrs 50 mins
Coming Back: Faro to London Stansted
Depart: Saturday 26 Aug 2023 at 23:05 Arrive: Sunday 27 Aug 2023 at 01:55 Flight Duration: 2 hrs 50 mins
Per Person From £777
Price correct on 11.08.2023. Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Jet2Holidays.