Visit Fuerteventura this Summer!
Out of all the Canary Islands, Fuerteventura is the one with the most amazing beaches, endless sand dunes and a relaxing vibe that will make you want to come back time and time again.
It’s a beach lover’s dream, and there is no other island in the archipelago that can compete.
The popular resort of Corralejo is situated on the northern coast of Fuerteventura and its white sandy beaches stretch as far as the eye can see.
With the arrival of tourism to the island, the once small fishing villages have grown into a lively, colourful town, popular with water sports enthusiasts, who come for the windsurfing and kitesurfing.
Despite its popularity and growth, Corralejo has managed to retain its original charm and atmosphere and is an appealing destination for those looking for a sunny beach holiday, with a fun, upbeat atmosphere.
The old town of Corralejo is centred around the old harbour, which is still a working port used by the local fisherman. There is a modern marina, where you can take pleasure craft trips to explore the rest of the island and a ferry to the nearby islands of Lanzarote and Lobos.
The main street in the town is where you will find most of the shops, bars and restaurants; the street leads down to Music Square and onto the harbour.
The beaches of Corralejo are divided between the nature reserve sand dunes, which are located just beyond the town boundary; they stretch out for kilometre upon kilometre, and some are designated naturist spots.
To the south of the old port there are two beautiful, wide beaches with fabulous views to the tiny island of Lobos. There is also a smaller beach next to the harbour. These beaches are perfect for families, with their shallow, crystal-clear waters.
As with all the island, the coastline can whip up quite a wind and there is little protection. The heat of the day is often disguised by the wind, so you make sure you put lots of protection on when you go for a day on the beach.
What to do
Corralejo is a great place for those wishing to combine a beach holiday with lots of activities. Here there is the opportunity to enjoy water sports, tennis, glass bottom boat trips, ferry trips to Lanzarote and Lobos, Jeep Safaris, Island tours, mountain biking, motorbike tours, and much more.
Corralejo is a large resort, and this reflects in the wide choice of bars and restaurants on offer. Most of the options are found along Main Street and in the old town and aside from some wonderful Spanish and seafood restaurants, there are many international cuisines available, including Chinese, Italian, British and Irish.
The climate of Fuerteventura, as with the rest of the Canary Islands, is generally pleasant all year round. The island can be prone to high winds; its name translated literally means Strong Fortune, or Strong Wind. During the summer months temperatures can reach up to 35 degrees, and in the winter rarely drop below 18 degrees.
Our Pick of accommodation
Fuentepark Apartments (3-star)
In a central location, the Fuentepark Apartments are ideal for those who are looking for a great value for money holiday. The apartments are spacious and well-equipped and have views overlooking the gardens and pool area. With the resort centre on its doorstep, guests have the option to venture out and sample the shops, bars and restaurants in Corralejo.
- 130m from Corralejo resort centre. 300m from the beach.
- Pool bar.
- Bicycle hire*. Internet facilities*. Free Wi-Fi available at the reception area.
- Outdoor swimming pool. Children’s pool.
- Self-catering – one bedroom apartment (sleeps up to 2 adults)
*Local charges apply. We endeavour to show you images of the actual room described however, this may not always be possible; actual view and/or room size or layout may vary e.g. you may not see an image of a sea view or garden view in the image but you will have the option of booking your preferred view when selecting your preferences.
- London Stansted to Fuerteventura return
- Based on 2 adults, 1 room
- 10 nights – 8th August – 18th August 2023
- Baggage: 22kg allowance
- £939 per person
Price correct on 13.07.2023 with Jet2Holidays. Available to book on our website. Subject to availability.
Going Out: London Stansted Fuerteventura – Depart: Tuesday 8 Aug 2023 at 06:00 Arrive: Tuesday 8 Aug 2023 at 10:15 Flight Duration: 4 hrs 15 mins
Coming Back: Fuerteventura London Stansted – Depart: Friday 18 Aug 2023 at 11:30 Arrive: Friday 18 Aug 2023 at 15:40 Flight Duration: 4 hrs 10 mins
Top 5 things to see and do:
- Morro Jable: Dolphin & Whale Watching Cruise – Get up close and personal with dolphins, whales, and other sea life on a boat departing from Morro Jable. Sip drinks and dive into the clear waters.
- Corralego Natural Park – Tourists flock here to see the enormous expanse of sand dunes.
- Off-Road Buggy Tour: Go on an off-road buggy tour – another way to explore the dunes.
- Hop on a Ferry to Lobos Island; one of the best places to visit while on holiday in Fuerteventura is Lobos Island. Enjoy a day in paradise on this uninhabited island, where you can swim in the beautiful coves and lagoons.
- Oasis Park – Oasis Park is the only animal park in Fuerteventura, but its probably one of the most amazing in the Canaries. It has beautiful views, a botanical garden, which is the largest cactus garden in the Canary Islands and animal shows that will keep you busy for the entire day.
Find deals to Fuerteventura on our website.